Après-ski parties can be a fantastic way to unwind and socialize after a day on the slopes or in your back garden. If your garden is on a slope – you’ve got it cracked! Here's a step-by-step approach to help you plan and host a successful après-ski party:
1. Set a Date and Time
- Choose a date that works for you and your potential guests. Typically, après-ski parties are held in the late afternoon or early evening (just as it starts to get dark) and either on a Friday or Saturday (Sunday is sore-heads-for-recovery day).
2. Select a Location
- Consider whether you'll host the party in your home, outside in your garden, at a venue, in a restaurant, bar or somewhere easy for people to reach or go to. The location should be easily accessible to all your guests. Think parking, think Taxis.
3. Create a Guest List
- Determine the number of people you'd like to invite and create a guest list. Ensure your location can accommodate the expected number of guests comfortably. Not much point inviting 50 guests if your back garden can only accommodate 20!
4. Send Invitations
- Send out invitations well in advance. You can use physical invitations, e-vites, or social media event pages. Include details like the date, time, location, dress code (ski gear or casual attire), and any special requests. Ski Themed invites will get your guests in the mood and looking forward to a GREAT party. Physical invites are better received than verbal invites. They do not have to be fancy, expensive or elaborate.
5. Plan the Menu
- Depending on your preferences and the location, you can organize various food and drink options. Common après-ski fare includes hearty soups, chili, fondue, and finger foods. Hot drinks like mulled wine, hot chocolate, and coffee are also popular. For the Ski Jump Vodka Luge – ANY drink (apart from hot drink) can be poured down the slopes – Whiskey, Gin, Vodka, Rum, Tequila and so forth. Consider dietary restrictions and preferences of your guests when planning the menu.
6. Prepare the Entertainment
- Create a playlist of music that suits the party's atmosphere. You can also consider hiring a local band or DJ if your budget allows. Alpine drinking Games on the Ski Jump Vodka Luge is a MUST (well, it should be quite high on the list in our opinion).
7. Decorations and Ambiance
- Enhance the ambiance with ski-themed decorations like snowflake garlands, ski gear, or vintage ski posters. A cozy fireplace, firepit, blankets, and soft lighting to create a warm and inviting atmosphere.
8. Safety Considerations
- Ensure that there are designated drivers or transportation options for guests who may have indulged a tad too much. Safety should always be a top priority. Fun with panache!
9. Plan for Cleanup
- Have a plan for cleaning up after the party. Ensure you have enough trash bags, recycling bins, and cleaning supplies on hand. Clearing up the next morning could be a nightmare. Bins for bottles, plastic cups etc are great to have around for guests to dispose of themselves during the party.
10. Enjoy the Party
- On the day of the event, delegate responsibilities to ensure things run smoothly. Greet your guests with a warm welcome, encourage mingling, and make sure everyone has a great time. An hour into the après-ski Party – you might not be in a fit state…
11. Thank Your Guests
- After the party, don't forget to thank your guests for coming. See them off personally – to show you care for them and their company. You may wish to get the names and numbers of local taxis – just in case.
12. Follow Up
- Consider sending a follow-up message or photos from the party to your guests, reliving the fun moments and keeping the camaraderie alive. Facebook and the like are ideal for this
Remember that the most important aspect of an après-ski party is creating a relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere where everyone can unwind, share stories, and celebrate a great day they have had
at work on the slopes.
With careful planning, your party can become an annual event everyone REALLY looks forward to each year.
Memories are the GREATEST things we can share. An après-ski party is an ideal way to do this. No two après-ski parties are ever the same.
It is never too early to book your Ski Jump Vodka Luge. The more notice we can get, the better. CALL us today.